Medicaid is a health program that assists low-income families who have children or people who are pregnant, aged, blind, or disabled. Verifications are not required to apply but may be requested during the application process.
Ways to apply:
Adult Individuals and Families with Children:
- Online at the ePass website
- Phone by calling 910-798-3500, Option 4
- You can print the application (English and Spanish) and mail it to 1650 Greenfield Street, Wilmington, NC 28401
- Print and fax the application (English and Spanish) to 910-798-7824
- In person at 1650 Greenfield Street, Wilmington, NC 28401
- Applications may be mailed upon request
- Applications and supporting documents can be emailed to email@example.com
(If you are pregnant and/or have a child/children age(s) 5 and under, you may be eligible for Women Infants and Children (WIC) services by calling 910-798-3500, option 5)
Mobile Outreach Events:
Beginning June 13, New Hanover County Health and Human Services will hold mobile outreach visits in the community during the second full week of each month to help individuals and families connect with financial assistance programs like Medicaid and SNAP. Assistance is available for first-time applicants only and is not intended for individuals currently receiving benefits or who may need recertification.
For September, these outreach sites will take place from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at the following community locations:
Long Term Care Assistance (Skilled Nursing):
- Includes the following programs: Skilled Nursing, Community Alternative Program (CAP), Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE/Elderhaus)
- Appointments are not required, but can be made by calling 910-798-3500, option 4
- To print an application (English and Spanish)
Special Assistance in a Licensed Assisted Living Facility or In-Home:
- Requires Face-to-Face interview
- Appointments are not required, however, are available by calling 910-798-3500, option 4
- Medicaid recipients may be eligible for transportation to a Medicaid provider for authorized services.
- A three-day advance notice is required for in-county trips and a five-day notice is required for out-of-county trips.
- Out-of-county trips must be verified by a physician as necessary.
- For more information contact transportation by calling 910-798-3500 option 7.